Brake Dynamometer DAQ and Controller
New SP6-AWD DAQ version!
The SP-6 dyno controller provides all the necessary hardware and software controliing an engine test bed dynamometer, or rolling road dynamometers.
It implements a Safety Oriented closed loop brake control. It works even without the computer! (with the remote). Available modes: Inertial, Steady, Ramp and Fixed brake (other modes like Road Simulation are implemented in the software)
It is the perfect tool for engine performance testing, ECU calibration, endurance testing, emissions etc.
The new SP6-AWD version provides electronic synchronization between front and rear axles for AWD operation
It is also capable of controlling a 2-HUB and 4-HUB dynamometers using each roller channel for each brake (right and left brakes in the AWD version), and each specific channel (4) in the HUB-4 version.
- High Speed Ethernet connection
- Control and monitoring of test engine and brake.
- Remote control of dynamometer systems (throttle actuator, clutch actuator, gear shift, blowers etc.) from PC software.
- Provides dual roller + cell channels and brake outputs to support AWD dynamometers, aswell as synchronization between rollers. AWD option needs extra parts as secondary brake power supply, secondary load cell, secondary hall sensor, and AWD Firmware)
What are the differences between SP6 and SP5
- SP6 has been mainly designed for the HUB-4 application and AWD twin-roller dynos (4 hall sensors), thus it can have up to 4 load cells (2 by default) and has 4 roller inputs, which are useful for some AWD twin-roller dynos
- SP6 has 8 analog channels instead of 6, and they use a dedicated converter to provide more accuracy (compared with the ADC inside MCU)
- SP6 has 2 x CANBUS, vs 1 x CANBUS in SP5, to ease adquiring data from CAN sources that work at different speeds (main CANBUS should work only at 250 kbaud)
- SP6 has an industrial style and eases some installations, specially inside an electric cabinet
Installation: Installation and Setup Manual
Software: SportDyno 4.0 Features, Download